The use of cedar flour
Cedar flour is a product made by cold pressing of cake and oil obtained from cedar kernels. The homogeneous mass of the powdery consistency has a pleasant aroma and is distinguished by gentle taste. Cedar flour is caloric than other types, but much more useful. It is widely used in various fields. Read about what substances are contained in a loose yellowish mass, how it is beneficial for the body, what contraindications exist and where the product is used, read below.
The composition of cedar flour
The chemical composition of flour, which is obtained from the fruits of a cedar tree, is rich. The product is saturated with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, dietary fiber and other useful elements. However, it is important to remember that flour is high in calories. 100 g contains about 432 kcal.In the same volume of powdered mass - 31 g of protein, 19 g of fat and 33 g of carbohydrates. The content of a whole spectrum of valuable vitamins (A, E, K, C, PP, D, group B (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9)) in the product is high. Vitamins A, C and E are natural antioxidants.
- They have a number of useful properties:
- wound healing;
- antimicrobial, etc.
Also, vitamins A and E are part of preventive and medicinal products, which are prescribed for cancer.
Important! In case of indigestion and other gastrointestinal disorders, eating cedar flour dishes is prohibited. Eating high-calorie, heavy, therefore, can adversely affect the state of health.
- An important role is played by vitamins B1, B2 and B3, which:
- normalize the functioning of the digestive system, nerves, muscles and heart;
- participate in the processes of blood cell formation;
- exchange proteins, fats, carbohydrates, water, salt;
- increase immunity;
- strengthen nails and hair structure;
- help to cope with skin problems.
The friable yellowish mass contains unique proteins, saturated with amino acids, mostly irreplaceable. There is a high concentration of arginine, tryptophan, lysine and methionine.
- participate in various processes that support the viability of the body (metabolism, hematopoiesis);
- favorably affect the thyroid gland;
- positive effect on nerves, blood vessels, heart, digestive organs, reproductive system;
- strengthen immunity.
High content of micro and macro elements is noted. The product is rich in phosphorus (P), potassium (K), magnesium (Mg), calcium (Ca), sodium (Na), iron (Fe), iodine (I), copper (Cu), zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn ), boron (B), molybdenum (Mo), silicon (Si) and other minerals. Phosphorus, for example, speeds up metabolic processes and has a positive effect on teeth.
Did you know? The cedar, resembling a green pyramid, is depicted on the national emblem of Lebanon. The tree is also present on the flag, coins and banknotes of the country, as it symbolizes prosperity and immortality.
Sodium regulates muscle contractions, normalizes the water-salt balance, and is involved in the production of gastric juice. Manganese synthesizes hormones, reduces inflammation and plays an important role in regulating blood sugar. Calcium strengthens bones, helps get rid of excess weight, normalizes blood pressure, etc.Iron in combination with other elements synthesizes hemoglobin. For this reason, cedar flour is considered an excellent prophylactic and therapeutic agent for anemia (anemia). The product contains a large amount of iodine, which is necessary for the endocrine system to function properly. Per 100 g of cedar flour accounts for 0.1-0.2 mg of iodine.
This is the daily rate that a person needs. The chemical composition of flour is balanced and varied. The elements with which the friable mass is saturated positively affect the body, bringing great benefits to health. In this regard, flour is a complete food product.
Where is the flour used?
The loose mass of pine nuts is widely used, since it has many useful properties. On the basis of this unique product, delicious dishes are prepared that leave no one indifferent. Cedar cake is also used for the manufacture of drugs that are effective in various diseases. Flour is an important component of cosmetics that cope with many skin problems.
A delicious and fragrant product has found application in various fields.
Important! Use of cedar flour, which has expired, is not recommended. There are practically no useful elements in it, and the product adds bitterness to the taste of dishes.
It is actively used:
- In cooking. From the flour obtained as a result of the processing of oil and cedar oil cake, dishes are prepared that strike with incredible taste and a pleasant aroma. Fats are contained in small quantities in the product, so even foods suitable for dietary nutrition can be made from it. Desserts and pastries made from cedar flour have a delicate, refined taste. For this product is very much appreciated by chefs around the world. It is added to shortbread and pancake dough so that the treats acquire an unusual zest. Various cottage cheese desserts, milkshakes and ice cream are also prepared on the basis of the powdered mass.
- In cosmetology. Flour is used in the manufacture of cosmetics for the face and body. Lotions have a moisturizing effect and are therefore ideal for dry skin types. From the friable mass make milk, which is recommended to regularly wipe the face. This procedure enriches the skin with vitamins and beneficial elements. With milk, you can get rid of acne, acne, red spots after them and cure acne. They also make masks and peels, the purpose of which is rejuvenation, restoration, moisturizing, toning. Thanks to such means, the skin becomes soft and supple.
- In medicine. Since cedar flour has many useful properties, it is actively used in traditional medicine. The traditional component is also used for the manufacture of drugs. Cedar cake is used to strengthen the immune system and the body as a whole. Due to its rich vitamin composition, the product helps during treatment and promotes rapid recovery after illness. On the basis of the powdered mass, cedar is made of compresses that are applied to the affected areas of the skin and wounds of a different nature.
It is necessary to use funds from cedar flour correctly, following the instructions, adhering to the dosage. Eating a product as food, it is necessary to eat in moderation, since the dishes are quite high-calorie ones.
Video: cedar flour plus sea buckthorn
Cedar flour has many useful properties. It has a beneficial effect on the female, male and children's body. This is due to the chemical composition of the product.
So, the benefit of the powder mass is as follows:
- For men. The product is useful for erectile dysfunction. It is recommended for use with problems with potency and sexual weakness. Thanks to the saturated amino acid and vitamin composition, representatives of the stronger sex arouse desire, attraction, and male strength is strengthened. This occurs under the influence of vitamin E, zinc and arginine.These substances affect the seminal plasma - they improve the composition of the fluid, which positively affects the fertilization process. The product is a good prophylactic and drug for diseases of the prostate gland and male infertility. Athletes flour is highly valued for the content of components (lysine, arginine) that help build muscle. Substances also help to lose weight.
- For women during pregnancy and lactation. Thanks to the vitamin-amino acid composition, the immunity of the mother and her baby is strengthened. Vitamin E contributes to the normal development of the fetus and the baby after birth, reducing the risk of the possibility of genetic disorders. Thanks to the element, the lactating mother increases. Tryptophan, arginine in combination with vitamin A are involved in the synthesis of growth hormones and form the organs of vision in the child. Due to the concentration of B vitamins, the children's nervous system develops normally and functions correctly. Zinc and iodine stimulate mental activity, contributing to the development of the brain in the fetus.
- For the heart and blood vessels. Useful substances normalize blood pressure and remove "bad" cholesterol from the body. In addition, magnesium and potassium improve the functioning of the heart muscle. The vessels become more elastic, and the risk of thrombosis is reduced by the content of vitamin E and polyunsaturated fatty acids in the product. Cedar flour is a good preventative against strokes and heart attacks.
- For the nervous system. The composition of the loose mass of cedar nuts includes substances that calm the nerves. Tryptophan, methionine, magnesium and B vitamins contribute to this. The product helps to establish sleep, eliminating insomnia. Neuroses, pain in the head, irritability, short temper, depressive state pass. Dishes from cedar flour are charged with vigor, strength and energy. The product is considered an effective therapeutic and prophylactic agent for nervous disorders and diseases of the nervous system as a whole, since it contains tryptophan, an amino acid that is a natural antidepressant and has calming properties.
- For the digestive system. The product is recommended for diseases of the stomach, pancreas, intestines. Thanks to useful substances, the work of these organs returns to normal, pain and cramps subside. The acidity of the gastric juice comes back to normal thanks to magnesium and vitamin B1. For these reasons, indications for the use of meals from flour are a stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis with high acidity. The product also has a positive effect on the liver and helps get rid of body obesity caused by alcohol dependence.
- In addition to the above, indications for the introduction of cedar flour into the diet are as follows:
- diseases of bones, spine and joints (osteochondrosis, osteoporosis, arthritis, arthrosis, etc.);
- respiratory diseases (bronchitis, tuberculosis, etc.);
- disorders of the genitourinary system (stones in the bladder, etc.);
- skin diseases (dermatitis, acne, acne, etc.);
- vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in food);
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system (cardiac arrhythmias, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, varicose veins).
Did you know? WITHpine nuts shell is actively used as mulch. It has a beautiful appearance and perfectly protects plants from weeds and pests.
So, cedar flour should be part of the diet:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- children from three months;
- adolescents when they begin puberty;
- vegetarians, people on diets or proper nutrition, fasting;
- overweight people;
- people who are constantly experiencing stress;
- athletes and those who lead a healthy lifestyle, maintaining themselves in good physical shape.
Regular consumption of pine nut flour has a positive effect on the organs and systems of the human body as a whole, so the product must be entered into the diet.
Cedar flour is a natural product that does not contain preservatives or impurities. The product is almost harmless, but some people with its use should be careful.
- Contraindications are as follows:
- allergic reactions and individual intolerance of pine nuts, gluten;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Despite the fact that the product brings great benefits to the body, it is worth consuming in moderation. Overeating negatively affects health. Cedar flour is a food product saturated with useful substances.Loose mass is widely used and has a positive effect on human health. However, we must not forget about the contraindications. Moderate eating and proper use of cosmetics and medicines will bring the body only benefits.